In this how to tutorial I will show you how to move a large WordPress website from one server to another. In this tutorial I assume that you already know how to SSH into your server. You must already know these following things, if you do not, click the link and learn them and then come back here. There is a similar post that I made a while ago called Transfer WordPress Site New Domain or New Server (a1websitepro.com) and it is a little less techy.
Prerequisites For This Tutorial
You should be familiar with one of the following. You should be able to set it up.
- SSH Terminals
- Linux Terminal – Already included in Linux Distros
- Mac Terminal – Already included on Mac OS
- Putty For Windows You will need to download this one for windows.
- New Ubuntu Linux Server Set Up
- Old Linux server should be in place.
Let’s get started. On the next page, I will show you the codes to dump your MySQL database.