Follow these GIMP free download Instructions for Windows or Mac. GIMP is an acronym for Graphics and Image Manipulation Program. The task is simple. Download either the torrent file or a direct .zip file. I prefer the direct GIMP zip file. The website will know automatically what operating system you’re running so you download the right version of GIMP. I will show you how to download GIMP using these steps.
GIMP Free Download Instructions
- Go to the GIMP website for the free download.
- Click on download GIMP.
- A torrent file will download to your computer.
- If you do not want to use the torrent link download. Download the .dmg or .exe file using a different link. It’s a link that says this link.
- Follow the steps to download GIMP to your computer. It’s easy and straightforward.
- If you see any pop ups click on ok to install the photo editing software from GIMP.
- After installation, look for the GIMP icon. It looks like a little wolf.
This is the first of our GIMP tutorials.
We will have several tutorials in this GIMP series. There is a little learning curve to GIMP. The interface is probably a little different from you are use too. The good thing is that all the tutorials will be similar on a Windows or Mac system. I look forward to teaching you about this free photo editing software. There are many things that you can do with GIMP. Here is a bullet list of things that GIMP can do for you.
- Animated Graphics
- Scalable Vector Graphics
- Image Manipulation
- Layer and folder creations
- Save as a Photoshop File
- Save as a transparent png file.
Please subscribe to our blog below to receive all the GIMP tutorials that we will be publishing this week. Now that you have GIMP download to your computer, you will be ready to take advantage of the tutorials for your projects. I hope you enjoyed installing GIMP with these GIMP Free Download Instructions. Please feel free to comment below.